Thursday, August 25, 2011

Led down The Garden and Stabbed in the back by Mentor Disciples Owner Joseph Scott Sheridan

                         

                                                                               

                     A few months ago Joseph came to me and asked me to make Art for his Gallery, get other Artists to make Art for it, and promote the show like crazy. I did all of these things and this is the thanks I get. I don't even blame Rebecca Stone for this the real issue was my concerns about making Art with no Insurance or Contracts. This is why you should always get a Contract before you start on anything for a Gallery. Remember Artists if he will throw me(a guy that he called his friend for over a decade) under a bus after coming to me for help what the fuck do you think he will do to you?

                                                                                     *

                          First he told me I could Curate for the Gallery. Then after I have myself listed as such for the better part of a month... the same day my enemy Bethannie Newsom Steelman stopped there Gallery for the first time. Coincidence? I think not.



Someone listed on their profile, "Curator" for Mentor Disciple Gallery. As this does not reflect the spirit of the show or the truth, we asked the individual to remove the description as Curator immediately. The curator is Keith Haring's quote, "Art is for Everyone". Anyone including a child capable of creating likenesses of the artists, Andy Warhol, Jean Michel Basquait and Keith Haring is invited to participate.
July 20 at 5:56pm ·

Then a few weeks later after saying "The curator is Keith Haring's quote, "Art is for Everyone". " he anounces...


If you are participating in this event as an artist, please send contact and send a friend request to Gina Green, the Museum Curator asap to ease communication. If you are considering joining our Art Convoy to leave New York on Wednesday, Sept. 7th and to arrive at Mentor Disciple in Hot Springs National Park on Saturday, Sept. 10th, please contact and send a friend request to Malvin Colon asap. Thank you.
Then yesterday to add insult to injury he posted this on his wall.


An artist named Daniel Kimery has continued to misrepresent his involvement with MENTOR DISCIPLE. Mr. Kimery is welcome to his own warped opinions about local art institutions, reverse racism and unpopular political views within the art community, but we do not share any of them. He has bad relationships with every single art institution that I know of in Hot Springs National Park.
23 hours ago · ·

  • Karen Ann Shaw likes this.

    • Daniel Kimery Then you must not know very many Art Institutions. I'm sorry how am I misrepresenting myself. You came to me and asked me to make Art for your Gallery. I then listed myself as a Gallery Artist for your Gallery. It looks like your the the one that misrepresented himself. Please take this down before you cause you are your Gallery any more embarrassment. I have Artist that are invested in your Gallery that would be made would lose confidence in your Gallery if they had the misfortune of reading this post. See Loyalty is a big thing with Artists.
      23 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Daniel Kimery and what do you mean unpopular political views in the Art Community? Every Artist is of a different political persuasion. Are you really trying to say that all Artists but me share your political views? Have you started drinking again? I mean seriously this is an act of madness and self immolation.
      23 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Karen Ann Shaw Daniel I decided to unfriend you before I read this. You are way too full of yourself and very negative.
      22 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

    • Robert Klintworth Hmmmmm. Mr. Kimery, ur pic looks so familiar. Didn't you used to frequent Lucky's when Joseph and I managed it...and are you the same one who was "friends" with the OTHER Daniel and lived across the hall from him....Seems like you wore black often
      22 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Jette Swan It's very easy to spot a racist. Just see if he uses the term "reverse racism."
      22 hours ago ·

    • Daniel Kimery Yeah Jette anybody white man that has the audacity to say that reverse-racism exist after being a victim of it his whole life is a racist huh?
      22 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Jette Swan Dude, you are "liking" your own responses. That's just like forfeiting the argument.
      22 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

    • Daniel Kimery Dudette you just said that reverse racism doesn't exist. I think that it's a forgone conclusion that anything you say you base off of your imagination rather than facts. That's right everybody crucify Daniel Kimery for telling the truth even though you don't even know him. I know that is a very unpopular thing to do in this town.
      21 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Tim Looper I personally am around Joseph everyday he is a great friend and has been sober for years , he has many contacts and friends whom support him , so before you throw stones , take a look at yourself and come to the realization that no one is hearing you.... you continue to dig yourself a hole in this town , so jump in and realize you are the only one whom likes your immaturity...... also I challenge anyone reading this to call the Galleries here in Hot Springs and mention this person's name and see what response you get... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !
      21 hours ago ·

    • Daniel Kimery Hey Tim Joseph Scott Sheridan has been my friend for 15 years and he used to ask for me by name when I drove a cab. I apologize for my crassness but as someone that he came to personally asking to participate in his Gallery as an Artist I must say that I feel a little betrayed here that he is attacking me in a public forum over things that have nothing to do with my Art or his Gallery. That is DISLOYAL and UNPROFESSIONAL to say the least hence my concerns of a relapse..
      21 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

    • Tim Looper Is this how you talk to your friends and then you request me lol really no thanks
      21 hours ago ·

    • Tim Looper Daniel you attack yourself by your actions and your untruths
      21 hours ago ·

    • Tim Looper Good to see you like yourself , cause I sure don't.....
      21 hours ago ·

    • Daniel Kimery Bare in mind Tim that he attacked me first. You were nice to me in person but your just a little drama queen online aren't you Tim.
      20 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Daniel Kimery K I just got off the phone with Gina Green. We worked things out so I'm not going to reply to anymore insults from people I don't even know. Ya'll have fun alright.
      20 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Tim Looper But I am liked in Hot Springs..........
      20 hours ago ·

    • Kathy Dymora Tim you are every bit as full of yourself as you claim Daniel is. All he did was defend himself. What did you expect him to do?
      17 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...

    • Tim Looper Thank you ! lol
      17 hours ago ·

    • Becky Vestal Joseph don't even waste your time or breath on Mr. Kimery. He is bitter and crazy....and everyone, and I mean everyone in AR doesn't give his comments, views or opinions any validity what so ever. You guys are doing a great thing don't let him have the satisfaction of even thinking he will hinder the project in anyway. I'm so excited about all the possibilities that are in store for this project.
      10 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

    • Robert Hawkins WOW! Big drama in Hot Springs! I love it! Hey Joe, you have to send me an address to send these paintings for your show.
      about an hour ago · · 1 personLoading...

    • Tim Looper Thanks Becky and yes I agree , things are real exciting here !
      about an hour ago ·

    • Tim Looper Have great day Robert and thanks for your support. Joseph has put alot of work and positive energy into this project....
      about an hour ago ·

    Then he posted this on Star Gallery's Wall

  • StarGallery HotSprings
    Sorry friends of STAR Gallery - A person named Daniel Kimery is back to spamming our list of friends - if I could hide the friends list from him I would.
    Monday at 6:06pm · Like ·

    Michelle Sestili Thanks for the heads up.
    Monday at 6:37pm · Like

    Joseph Scott Sheridan Star Gallery is an incredible downtown art institution. Nobody is interested in a gallery's relationship with their artists except Daniel Kimery. It is an artist's choice on how they are represented. I only here good things about Star Gallery's representation except from Daniel Kimery. He has bad relationships with every single art institution that I know of in Hot Springs. He is in no way affiliated with MENTOR DISCIPLE in any way, regardless of what he says or posts. We are all about inclusion. In fact the ONLY reason he might be still allowed to show his portraits as an artist only in our first show at all is because of Keith Haring's quote, "Art is for all People".
    7 hours ago · Like · 1 person

    Joseph Scott Sheridan I hate to give him any attention, but slander has to be addressed.
    7 hours ago · Like

    StarGallery HotSprings he said he works for you ?
    6 hours ago · Like

    Joseph Scott Sheridan No, he does not work for me. I have seen him once in 10 years. I have a regular job myself and am struggling to fulfill my dreams of having a museum that responds to my mentors. I have no employees, just a few volunteers (and Daniel Kimery is not one of them) that have busy lives. If there is any proof that he has threatened anyone, he will not be allowed to come on my property. Every time I pass your Gallery and see all you are putting in to your dream I am so refreshed and happy that someone has created such a vibrant space for local artists and adds to my sense of pride of being in Hot Springs at this time!
    6 hours ago · Like · 1 person

    StarGallery HotSprings Thanks for clearing that up. I am happy to know you are not really involved in the things he has said. He has listed you as him employer and said you were his friend. I don't know why I tried with him or believe anything he has had to say when he has so clearly lied about the STAR Gallery and several Hot Springs business owners. He has dogged on any gallery that he is not part of and has declared war on everything under the sun. I am sure if you read any of his blog you will see the amount of people he has a negative impact on. I have met you a while back when you would visit The Local. I am so happy to see you are making a gallery in a really cool building that may otherwise fall into ruin as so many other buildings in Hot Springs have done. I am looking forward to the opening and feel free to bring some flyers to the gallery.
    3 hours ago · Like · 1 person


                                                                          *

                   For The Record The last time I saw Joseph before a few months ago was five years ago(not ten years ago) when I still drove a cab and he asked for me by name everytime. I WANT TO REMIND ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THIS LYING SACK OF SHIT CAME TO ME FOR HELP NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. I WOULD AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE UNLESS YOU ARE A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT. INSTEAD OF MENTOR DISCIPLE IT SHOULD BE CALLED DOMINANCE SUBMISSION. RUN AWAY GALLERY ARTISTS!!! RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIVES!!!!!!!


Post Script: Here are me and Joseph Scott Sheridan's private messages for anyone that doubts that I was affiliated with his Gallery.


July 11
Joseph Scott Sheridan
  • waited for you today
    was hoping you would show today at 12. anyway drop by any day around 10:45 or 11 see you then.



    • Sorry having car trouble may not be till next week the good news is i have a bunch of world class artists lined up for your andy warhol portrait exhibit.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    July 11
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • no problem. keep up the good work and I will show you the space when the time is right for you. thanks again.








    • re moving back
      im going to be moving back to hot springs soonto help out with your gallery amongst others. How much will you charge me by the week to stay in your hotel?







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    July 15
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • we don't really have rooms available. maybe you could rent a room in the house that is unfinsihed, we'll talk when you get here








    • Im not sure im thinking wednesday or thursday.
    • How nice are my accomidations and how much is this going to cost me lol
    • K ill check the place out sometime next week.








    • My sincere apologies old friend...
      I neglected to consider the fact that you are a recovering alcoholic when I suggested curating this event. I hope that we can both get past our little headbutt the other night. It certainly wouldnt have been our our first nor will it be our last lol. That is just how creative people are with eachother. I want you to write Curt Mullins. He is making paintings for your gallery. I also want you to write Jay Wilburn. He is a sketch artist using ebony pencils. I am using Charcoal.








    • Hey Joseph disregard my answering machine message. School is about to start back up soon and I am moving into a four star motel for 250 a week. You've gotta love this housing market lol. You guys should come to Russellville sometime and go fishin with me.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    August 5
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • sounds good








    • THANK YOU FOR REMEMBERING ME AS AN ARTIST BROTHER. IT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME.








    • I was talking to Mike valegio about not only making Art for your Gallery but making music for it to. Tell me if you think a live band would be a good idea. Andy Warhol was all about some Rock and Rock so I know that he is giving me a thumbs up from beyond the grave.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    August 9
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • we have no budget for music right now








    • Its free Joseph.
    • Hell he will be happy with a tip jar to be a part of Hot Springs History.lol







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    August 9
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • ok we are having a dj from new york, hopefully that will fit in with live music














    • Aaron Green said a lot of nasty things about you when I was at his house. He said that he got Joe to fire you for being a drunk.
    • I would ban him if I were you. With friends like him who needs enemies.
    • He called the cops on me last night for choking him out.
    • I almost got arrested because of his drama








    • Hey Joesph after I finish my three charcoal drawings can I do three more with Conte Crayon to put in your Gallery? I'm not just going to use a different medium I'm going to try to branch out by trying a different style. Please say yes.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    August 15
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • yes
    • under your pseudonym, sounds great








    • I was going to use my real name on all the pieces. I don't use pseudonyms anymore. Now I'm going to take one name and make it famous lol.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    August 15
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • sounds great







    • what made you change your mind about curating







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    Monday
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • Thank you for your interest in participating in the opening on Saturday, September 17th, 2011 of the museum, MENTOR DISCIPLE. Gina Green, the Museum's Curator will be contacting you to confirm your participation as an artist or as an attendee.

      For her ease in communicating, please go to the event link and look for her on the wall and request her as a friend.

      If you would prefer to communicate with her outside Facebook please email her at gina@mentordisciple.com. She is dedicating the next month to corresponding with you, the artists and attendees.

      A way you can help spread the word on the opening is suggesting this event to other friends, we would really appreciate it. Those that would like to participate through donating or loaning art, books, letters and other memorabilia associated with Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquait, or on their peers or proteges can also play a very active role in the creation of this museum. If you are interested in donating or loaning items to the permanent collection of the museum please ship or bring to: MENTOR DISCIPLE, 316 PARK AVENUE, HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, ARKANSAS, 71901, USA. Please let us know if you are loaning or donating the items, so we can attribute them properly. For additional information please contact me.
      We are also organizing our New York to Hot Springs National Park, “Art Convoy” to the opening of MENTOR DISCIPLE, leaving New York on Thursday, Sept 8th with museum hopping including The Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, then art and artist pick up stops in Cincinnati, Columbus, Louisville, Nashville and Memphis due to arrive in Hot Springs on Sunday morning, Sept. 11th. Contact Malvin Colon, the Museum Event Coordinator, if you would like to join the convoy with your vehicle or join a carpool along the way. You can send Malvin Colon a friend request and find him on the wall for the event linked below.



      Art liberates the soul, provokes the imagination and encourages people to go further. It celebrates humanity"
      ...Keith Haring

      Thank You for being part of this historical event!

      Joseph Sheridan


      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158721234197045&ref=ts









    • I am going to be donating six drawings to be part of your permanent collection on top of promoting your Gallery like Crazy.







  • Joseph Scott Sheridan
    Monday
    Joseph Scott Sheridan
    • forward info thanks






      • I'll also refer To The Natural Light Gallery and Warholian Research Library as a Museum from now on and I will have all my clients opt to donate rather than sale but we will have the Art insured because we are donating Art in exchange for exposure. If the Art is lost, stolen, or damaged then we expect to be compensated. This will be the 8th Gallery in Hot Springs that I have had my Art in and I have always had the Art Insured by the Gallery so I hope that this wouldn't be an issue especially since you guys have so much combined experience in The Art Industry.

      • Joseph
      • Please tell me what the fuck you are doing
      • Why is it that any time I have an Argument with someone you jump in on their side then act like you dont know me and that the only reason why you have anything to do with me is because of a keith haring quote which you misquoted btw. It's "Art is for everyone" not Art is for anybody" and he was referring to people buying Art not making Art. If you are going to quote Keith Haring then don't put fucking words in his mouth to try to change the meaning of what he said.
      • is this the thanks I get after all the Art I made, all the Artists I sent you, and all of the Promotion that I gave you?