Friday, August 19, 2011

Curt Mullins bitch slapped Norgi so that I didn't haft to. Now that's what I call a friend!!!






you still feuding with star gallery? or was that someone else? or was it not a feud? seem to recall some tension.
3 hours ago · · · See Friendship
  • You like this.
    • Daniel Kimery I wouldn't call it a feud. If you threw a puppy in a cage with a hungry Tiger would you call it a feud? I prefer the term massacre to "feud" seeing as how it is a much more apt description of what is taking place between us. Go watch her beg me for mercy on my website after she had just told all of her sheep to just ignore me. arkansasartnews.blogspot.com
      3 hours ago · · 2 peopleLoading...
    • Norgi Art
      thx, went to the site but didn't want to go through it all to find it. i recall enough. are you the tiger or puppy? why the contentiousness? you know it's going to happen to critics, right? you took on the role being conscious of that, r...ight? so it's interesting to see how a critic might deal with that: he might like it and fuel it to get attention (as they accused you of) because it's really not about the art, it's about increasing the sound of the critic's voice; or he might understand that people who put part of themselves in their art are likely to get defensive (if only a little) and he decides to tune it out while continuing to criticize b/c it's good for the art/artist to hear, even if they don't want to; or he can find creative ways (maybe less contentious?) to get people to include his unique (and important!) perspective in their discussions of art. i'm not trying to moralize...it's not about right/wrong to me. i'm just trying to understand the way you see the world and i've asked the same thing of artists being criticized--you're going to put up a piece of art and not expect a variety of responses (including criticism) about it? really?

      hey man, don't hit me with the 'pet rock' again. i'm not trying to fight you or rule you. i'm around this weekend. an afternoon beer downtown sounds good--say when. let's talk more about it. it's fun to me!
      See More
      2 hours ago ·
    • Curt Mullins
      It really is about art with Daniel. He's rounding up a group of artists whose work will speak for themselves. Nobody will be able to ignore it. He doesn't sugar coat anything and realizes that the art world isn't rainbows and unicorns, i...t can be brutal. I'd rather have somebody telling me that my work was no good than somebody telling me that I was going to be the next Picasso when in reality, they are just sparing your feelings.See More
      2 hours ago · · 1 personYou like this.
    • Daniel Kimery Thanks Curt Mullins. I needed that. What a great way to start my day lol.
      2 hours ago · · 2 peopleYou and Curt Mullins like this.
    • Norgi Art it IS about art. that's good but kind of simple, right? would be interested in talking about whether you think art is a niche (implied by use of "art world") or if art is inseparable from any other aspect of the humanness. don't care about unicorns or brutality really; could say the same about picasso and revolutions--unless it helps get at what you think art is about.
      35 minutes ago ·
    • Curt Mullins
      Art has many definitions that are mostly defined by the individual. A white piece of paper with a blue circle in the middle could be considered art as well as a master oil painting. There are different degrees to art, I guess. I like rea...lism and realistic work, but some impressionistic works really catch my eye as well. I guess the main thing in art is to capture someone's attention. It basically boils down to individual perception.See More
      2 minutes ago · · 1 personLoading...