Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Con Artist

                                 I normally don't do movie reviews on this blog but I make exceptions for New Release Art House Films. I see a movie called "The Con Artist" at Hastings, it's got Donald Sutherland in it, and it is about a Metal Welding Sculptors experiences in The Brick and Mortar Gallery World. So I thought it might be worth checking out. I thought wrong. This movie was obviously written by an Abstract "artist". I didn't see one real piece of Art or anything that resembles The Real Art Industry through the entire movie. Please spare yourself this agonizing annoyance that is unless you are an Abstract "artist" or you are an "artist" that pays wall fees in a Cooperative Gallery, in which case you would probably love this movie. I give "The Con Artist" 0 stars and I feel very generous even giving it that much.