Monday, July 4, 2011

Star Gallery Wall Post entitled "please ignore the "person" named Daniel Kimery - he is just trying to get a rise from you"



                                                                             
StarGallery's Profile · StarGallery's Wall

please ignore the "person" named Daniel Kimery - he is just trying to get a rise from you
May 28 at 1:59pm

  • Jim Miller and 3 others like this.

    • Jessica Holman Yeah! Who is this person???
      May 28 at 2:02pm

    • Chad Whittle i went to school with him and he worked at pizza hut with me
      May 28 at 2:03pm

    • Pam Lowe Greenway Saw his strange website. Interesting. ?
      May 28 at 2:09pm

    • Chad Whittle hes funny sometimes but he doesnt know when to shut up
      May 28 at 2:10pm

    • StarGallery HotSprings he is a self proclaimed art critic that posts incorrect information, feels the need to bash people for not bowing down to him -
      May 28 at 2:11pm · 1 person

    • StarGallery HotSprings I am pretty sure he has pissed off enough people that he is banned from Face book ! ha ha
      May 28 at 2:12pm · 1 person

    • Norgi Art looks like he's trying to make a name for and/or find himself...trying hard...but that's okay, right? the system kind of sets you up act like that (compete/bash to win) doesn't it? and he's not hurting anybody really, is he? with a little more interaction, he might become cool...maybe? but, if yall think ignoring is best, it will be pretty easy to go along with that.
      May 28 at 2:23pm

    • Norgi Art anyone got a pill for his positivism? isn't that the primary diagnosis?
      May 28 at 2:27pm

    • Bryan Hale I find this all very interesting.
      May 28 at 2:38pm

    • Alex Henderson Haha, I did find some amusement in SOME of his criticisms....but he definitely is NOT an art critic, just a shit talker.
      May 28 at 2:46pm · 1 person

    • Bryan Hale He's too mean spirited to be an art critic. For the record, if I had to choose between an education at Henderson and attending the Art Institutes, I'd choose Henderson four out of five times.
      May 28 at 2:50pm · 1 person

    • Alex Henderson True, my amusement is moreso at his nerve to attempt to criticize these people when he is the one at the end of the day with the least talent, maturity, and integrity.
      May 28 at 3:00pm · 1 person

    • Bryan Hale Agreed
      May 28 at 3:07pm

    • Norgi Art funny stuff! @hale so you pick AI the fifth time? just thought that was a funny expression.
      May 28 at 3:17pm

    • Bryan Hale The fifth time was for fashion design. I don't think Henderson has that program.
      May 28 at 3:19pm · 1 person

    • Norgi Art ‎:)
      May 28 at 3:23pm

    • Bryan Hale The best way to silence him (or discredit him, depending on your position) is to come up with something better. I am now beginning work on "Art News Arkansas" to directly challenge him. I'll probably need help, so if your interested, let me know.
      May 28 at 3:44pm

    • StarGallery HotSprings

      I am with you there Bryan! I went to Henderson and it is what you make of it - any school is like that - I just happened to have a great time there and I will defend my wonderful instructors , even though we butted heads on some things , that is what it is all about - getting educated and forming your own thought and ideas ! Funny how this "critic" changed his opinion of the gallery after my sister and I would not play "the art game" with him :)

      May 28 at 4:17pm

    • Bryan Hale I promise to give you a fair shake when I get "Art News Arkansas" up and running.
      May 28 at 4:19pm

    • Rebecca Stone that is how the pros do it :)
      May 28 at 4:45pm

    • Bryan Hale

      I just received this From young Daniel:
      Dude you are such a pathetic Copycat, Parrot, Daniel Kimery wannabe that you can't even come up with your own name for this website that you are allegedly creating to kiss your friends asses with to make up for my negative reviews. You think that everyone in the Art World that goes to your mimic website won't see how transparent you are you pathetic loser? What kind of Art Critic goes around kissing peoples asses and stealing other Art Critics Ideas. You are a sad pathetic excuse for a human being. You don't have a creative bone in your body. All you do is regurgitate. Here's a bit of advice for you if you can't come up with anything original than maybe you should find another hobby besides writing. Are you happy now that you got the attention you so desperately wanted? Huh little boy?

      I don't think he got that I purposely made the name similar to his...

      May 28 at 5:05pm

    • Michael Hale Yes I'm Bryan's father. No I'm not biased. Ask him. Daniel really sounds like a child having a fit because someone said NO. He dosen't even get the joke - ( It's on him )
      May 28 at 5:12pm

    • Michael Hale NO CLASS!
      May 28 at 5:14pm

    • Bryan Hale

      And my response:
      There is always room for competition, good sir. I want to make it clear that while, I have met the people at StarGallery, I barely know them. I have absolutely no reason to impress them.
      The situation is simple. I think I can put together something that is more professional, genuine, and better written than your blog.
      Yes, the title is very similar to yours, I did this on purpose.
      You don't know me, and I don't know you. There is no reason to resort to insults this early on. I think you'll find that people respond better when the 'critic'/interviewer/random stranger that they are speaking with has an even temper and cool demeanor.

      The best of luck to you in your endeavours,

      -Bryan
      May 28 at 5:22pm · 1 person


    • Last post from me on this topic.
      His reply:
      If you could do it better you would have thought of it first and came up with a more original title. To tell you the truth I was hoping someone like you would come along. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery so thank you for the compliment. I'm glad that I was able to inspire you. I always thought this town needed an Art Critic. Now it has two. I look forward to having you as my Arch Nemesis.

      Best of luck to you as well,

      -Daniel

      I have to admit, I thought his response was awesome. HE may not be quite as off kilter as I thought.

      May 28 at 6:07pm

    • StarGallery HotSprings oh yes he is :) like I said - in my post at the top ( he is just trying to get a rise out of people and he will say whatever it takes )
      May 28 at 7:51pm

    • Norgi Art ugh: "directly challenge"? "arch nemesis"? isn't the star supposed to be a haven from such stuff--an escape from the pretentiousness and righteousness of other galleries? did we give "ignoring" enough of a chance?
      May 29 at 8:30am · 1 person

    • Norgi Art http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjZUQxSAgw&NR=1&feature=fvwp -- more funny art critic stuff..thanks joshua!
      May 29 at 8:35am