Friday, May 20, 2011

Pamela Rawls and David Jarvis review Daniel Kimery as an Agent.

Mr. Jarvis.

Daniel Damascus Kimery is attempting to display signed and unsigned prints of your art at any venue that will actually talk to him.  When he’s is rejected he launches a brutal terrorist verbal campaign against them.  He is very meticulous and knowledgeable about your profession and the inner workings of art galleries. He almost had me until I began asking for your legal information for contact and the contracts. At that point he accidentally gave me his real name which is different from the initial name he had given. When the red flag went up and I began to question him, it all went south from there. My concern is that if you are working with this young man you should be aware of his damming behavior and if you are not represented by this young man you should look into his actions regarding the use of your name.
I will be happy to assist you through your attorney if needed.

Sincerely
Pamela R. Rawls


                                                                               *


Pamela R. Rawls
The Poet’s Loft
Hot Springs Arkansas

Dear Ms. Rawls;

Thanks for the info, although much of it does not agree with the information I have. Yes, Daniel Kimery (middle name Damascus) is representing me in a limited capacity which would cover your venue.

I see Daniel, while a bit high-strung and very passionate (and at times Hot-headed), as basically on the “Right” side of this Artist vs Gallery/rip-off divide which has gone on way too long in Hot Springs (and elsewhere) in the Art Community.

I was ripped off by Art-Exchange (more than once, due to my own stupidity) and Daniel is the ONLY one who has offered real assistance in getting my money back and JUSTICE. For this I am grateful to him.

As for the Contact Info or “contracts” you mentioned. My website, provided by Daniel or easily GOOGLED, has my phone number and, of course, I would welcome a call from a potential venue such as yours.

What was NOT mentioned is the “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” encounter between Daniel and your Poetry Mistress…FIVE or more years ago! And the phony claim of a Restraining Order. What is that dishonest crap about? And you immediately jump to support that without checking the veracity of the smear?

While my art could have put you on the map and generated (along with Daniel’s promotion skills) tons of traffic, I am coming to the conclusion that I do NOT want to do business with YOU.

At this point, Daniel and I, will continue to service a v large niche market and you can enjoy watching and supporting from the sidelines.

Thank you for the “heads-up”, though questionable as it is.

Sincerely,

David (Wesley) Jarvis 

                                                                                 * 


Good for you Mr. Jarvis.  I am delighted your experience has been a good one.  Good luck to you.

Pamela R. Rawls